Do yourself a favor. Don't shop here.

I bought a sofa ($2200+) and a matching ottoman. It came with six throw pillows. When I bought the sofa, the salesrepmsaid I could change the fabric order on the pillows up until 2 weeks before delivery.

I went back seven days later to change the fabric of the pillows. Note - they are a different fabric from the sofa. I was told that I could not change the fabric and the salesrep should have never said I could.

Then, they called to set up delivery. They said they deliver in my area on Saturday and Sunday. I chose Saturday. Note - it is a 3 hour drive for me to get to the place where the sofa was being delivered. Two days before delivery, I got a call that said the delivery setup person should not have told me Saturday, because they only deliver in my area on Sunday. (remember, I have a 3 hour drive to get there.) The rep on the phone was quite understanding and told me my sofa would be the first delivery of the day on Sunday. He also said he would have a customer service manager call about the pillows.

The day before delivery, I was called once again. This time, I was told the sofa would be delivered in the afternoon. And that the first person should have never told me I could be the first delivery.

The sofa arrived. The pillows look awful. Completely unusable.

The next day, I got a voicemail from "Josh" asking me to call him back at an extension. Have you ever used their phone system? It is impossible to dial an extension. There is simply no option. In fact, it is not possible to speak with a human. All you get is voicemail. I left a message. Note I could not dial by name because "Josh" didn't leave a last name.

I took to Twitter to complain. And here was their response:

"We are so sorry for this inconvenience regarding special order pillow color/fabric changes. You are more than welcome to change your mind regarding special orders while the pieces are being made or within 7 days after you have received your order, but with fees; 25%.

You placed your order on 01/10/2016, received your order on 02/07/2016, and requested to change the color of pillows on 02/09/2016. You are able to make any changes to this order but with fees of 25%.

We do provide a copy of our terms and conditions at the time of purchase and we have a copy on our website.

With regard to getting hold of a manager, once a manager calls back and leaves a message the responsibility falls onto the customer to call us back to further discuss. We have not heard from you since 02/09/2016 until we saw your post on Twitter. We do apologize for this inconvenience, however we are not able to accommodate the pillow color change since 7 days has past. We do regret to inform you we will not be able to assist you with your situation."

My response:

"I'm sorry but your information is wildly incorrect.

I placed my order on 1/10/16. I went to change the pillows on 1/17/16. SEVEN days later. I went to the store on 1/17/16 and was told I could not change the order.

What do you mean you cannot help me? How hard is it to send back six pillows and get six new pillows?

And I TRIED TO CALL THE MANAGER BACK AND THERE WAS NO WAY TO DIAL AN EXTENSION. I left a message and you guys did not call me back. Don't tell me you didn't hear back from me. I did my best but you make it utterly impossible to talk to a human. Give me a phone number where someone answers a phone. Or call me back when I leave a message.

Never have I had worse customer service anywhere. Never.

How dare you blame the customer this way. Shame shame shame on you. What kind of operation are you to point fingers from one person to another and ultimately point the finger at the customer.

You guys don't know the first thing about customer service."

And that, my friends, is the end of the story. Do not buy from them. Period.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of living spaces sofa from Living Spaces. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Living Spaces to "new throw pillows for the sofa,more the original".

The most disappointing in user's experience was dont take care of their customer and worst customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Living Spaces for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Living Spaces?

Comments