Los Angeles, California
1.3

Once they have your money, they no longer care about the customer.The actual store experience was okay.

I was looking for a bedroom set. It took a while to track a salesperson down. The salesperson was pleasant but not very knowledgable about the furniture. He was unable to answer many of my questions on his own and had to look up the info on the computer.

I purchased a headboard, footboard, dresser, mirror, nightstand, and chest on Thursday, June 11, 2015 and paid the $99 delivery fee with a promise of delivery on Tuesday, June 16. So much for their advertised same day delivery. As soon as I returned home, I called the store to see if I could change the delivery time frame and was told that I was "calling too soon" and to call back the following Monday morning. I called back on Monday, June 15, and was told that some of the pieces I ordered would not be in until Saturday, June 20 and that the computer system should not have allowed for the delivery date that I was given.

No apology, no attempt at any compensation. I rescheduled delivery for Monday, June 22, between 8:30-12:30. I received an email delivery confirmation and delivery confirmation phone call the day before- all was set. Monday morning, June 22, I received a phone call stating that the truck had broken down and the delivery would be late.

At 1:30, the delivery men show up and inform me that they do not have the chest and I need to call the store to find out when it will be delivered. The men were professional enough while putting the furniture together but tried to get my signature and leave as soon as they were done. I went in to look at the furniture first and immediately noticed some defects. The mirror appeared to be chipped, the delivery man explained that it's not chipped and its glue from the manufacturer and attempted to scrape it off but just ended up making it look worse.

There is also a significant chip in the wood of the mirror frame, 2 of the handles on the dresser are discolored, many handles are loose, and there are 2 small scratches on the headboard. I pointed all this out, the delivery man took notes on a copy of the delivery ticket then asked me to initial and sign and said he would give me a copy and that I should call the store to complain. He then walked to his truck and I assumed he would be back with my copy of the paperwork but he and his partner just drove off. I immediately called the store and told them what had happened, I received a scripted insincere apology and was told there was nothing they could do until they received the delivery man's paperwork at the end of the day.

The representative then emailed me a link where I could upload pictures of the defective furniture and said he would call me the following morning- no phone call yet. There was no explanation on why the chest had not been delivered.

I am so frustrated and disappointed.

I initially didn't mind paying a little extra as long as I was dealing with a well established company that I wrongfully thought I could trust.Now, I regret ever stepping foot in their store.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Living Spaces?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion