2.5
Style and Design

We purchased a couch from Living Spaces in Vista, CA, along with the VIP protection plan. We were told by the sells person, if anything happens to the couch we would be covered, (rips, tears, stains, etc.....) BIG FAT LIE!

I called the Protection Plan folks and they never called me back, I called and called for months. Finally, out of frustration, I went into the store and spoke to the manager. He told me that they had a new company handling the claims and to re-submit claim. I did, and was denied again.

The couch is falling apart after only a year and wood is exposed, the lining is ripping and the cushions are not holding up. I was told by claims department that those issues are not covered, only if there is seam separation. I can't believe they are calling it "normal wear and tear" After owning the couch for less than a year! I guess that would mean that the couch expectancy is only a year at Living Spaces.

That is not what they told me when I purchased the couch. I am extremely dissapointed with Living Spaces and their so-call VIP package they offer. It is a RIP-OFF, do not purchase!! I purchased a $2000 couch that I expected to last 5 years and I got less than a year before it fell apart.

Shame on you Living Spaces!!! You have a nice showroom, courtesy people at the stores, all seems good until you have a problem.

The staff at the store were shocked when they saw my photos of the couch, too bad they are not the people handling the claim!!! You lost a customer and I will most definitely tell everyone I know to avoid living spaces!

Review about: Living Spaces Sofa.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Ease of getting to the show room.

I didn't like: Warranty and customer service.

Comments