California, United States
1K views 9 comments
Featured Not resolved
2.5

I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty.They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork.

They claim that since I moved from original residence of purchase, warranty is null snd void but no one mentioned to state when purchased. They claimed it was on the paperwork in microscopic fine print and website unbeknowest if that was the case. I would not of purchased the leather furnature. I called the extended warranty company, and they referred me back to Living Spaces customer service taking my money for services never intended to provide.

I have never seen leather deteriorating leaving marks showing poor quality product.I recommend consumers beware they will not tell you if you move to a different residence that its in fine print in the purchase agreement and company website.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Living Spaces?

Comments

Rockwall, Texas, United States #1279365

We had a beautiful brown leather sectional from Rooms To Go.The leather 'skin' stared peeling off every place we sat.

It was so thin, i swear it was painted on.

Needless to say, the company would not honor their warranty.It has gone to the dumpster.

Teacher and MOM
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States #1130293

I heard that slumber land does the same thing. The leather is thin and cheep and stuck to a plastic type material then the leather is literally sprayed with a paint type product. Its terrible.

Leather is claimed to have been sold and the item is obviously not leather.If your name is "GrowUp", I would change is to "I'mAsleep".

Your comment in this case is useful as all warranty detail is important. Did you note that the poster thinks they have the warranty document and yet store staff tells our poster that there is more detail not included in the poster's warranty document? The store sold a warranty and provided the poster with incomplete documentation of the warranty.

The store sold leather that isn't leather and sold a warranty while disclosing incomplete detail of the warranty.That is two strikes against the store in small-claims-court.

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #995943

Do you have any materials from "Living Spaces" claiming the item sold was genuine leather? Can you prove you item is the item sold by "Living Spaces"? If you answered yes to both questions then you have a claim for small-claims-court.

to Anonymous #1133594

Yes.I purchased it at there Van Nuys show room.

I purchased a leather warranty and the paperwork claimed it was leather. It's not about money, I recommend buyer beware when dealing with Living Spaces.

The moving claim was never mentioned and that it is not in big print but secretive microscopic script hidden from the consumer.Living Spaces was not upfront about the quality of the leather.Buyer beware!!!

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #995940

Next time try a test with a hot pin-head. Pull the hot pin-head across a normally unseen portion of the "leather". If the leather is instead vinyl, the pin-head will leave a trough in its wake.

There is your answer from the owner of Living Spaces.

GrowUp

1- Thats not true leather.

2- You think someone else should be responsible for the choices you make?The terms are in the warranty agreement, and regardless of them being small you chose to not read them, signed, and paid for it.

YOUR decision.

So, you own it and nobody else does.Lesson learned?

to GrowUp Mesa, Arizona, United States #996422

You sell poor quality product. You don't deserve the business.