We bought an electric motorized recliner and sofa (delivered 7/7/17) and the recliner died the last week of October.We opened a claim on November 17 because the USB port and power are working, but the motor for the recliner itself has died.

The motor had stopped working once before, but started working again the next day, so we were hoping that would happen again, but it did not. Living Spaces told us that our Warranty covers parts and labor, but they want to charge us $99.00 for the "Trip for the technician" to come service the part. Otherwise, we have to drive to Rialto, which is a good hour and a half at least from our home, to deliver the chair and have it serviced there. Then we have to pick it up from there again.

With any other warranty I've experienced (large appliances, etc.) the "trip" is part of the labor.The cost of the chair was $795.00 plus tax, and now they want $99.00 more when it failed on in such a short time.

Review about: Living Spaces Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Warranty and customer service, Dont take care of their customer, Lack of product quality.

Had an Experience with Living Spaces?

Comments

I am ordinarily something of a troll on this website.

But I can find no fault in any of your actions and agree that you are being treated shabbily by greed at some point on the line.

I'm curious who gets to keep the odd sum of $99.00.

Manufacturer ?

Local Distributor ?

Subcontracted repair ; yes or no ?Ultimately the buck stops at the manufacturer when something shows defective during the warranty period.

They must reimburse whomever they choose for repairs if not themselves.That all sounds fishy to me and I'd like to see a copy of the sales agreement.