If you care about a healthy chemical free home this is not the place to buy a sofa and their customer service on the phone is rubbish.I will start off by saying the staff in store was wonderful and we looooved the style and color of the sofa.
We were so excited to get it in and loved it in the room. The next part is where is gets bad. The sofa started to offgass and this to an extent is very normal but that said never had I purchased furniture that smells this bad. Within hours my eyes were swollen and puffy and throat hurt.
The whole house with windows open and fans on still smelled. With a new baby in our house I wanted the fumes gone and then I noticed the cushion covers unzipped and came off. In attempt to try to wash away some of the chemical smell we put on hand wash. No tags and no paperwork said not to hand wash and it had a zipper for removal.
Such a mistake as the hand wash cycle caused it to fray on the seams. Bad quality fabric. I called and told their customer service the problems and all they could say is it is not covered by warrenty because I washed it ('Mind you I have no paperwork from them on what their warrenty covers and what not to do). Yeah I know I got it's not under their warrenty, but I am looking for help or a solution but this company is just looking to say No and remind me they won't cover it.
No sympathy or compassion for my baby's or my health. Countinuing to remind me and telling me they won't even take it back for the restock fee even if I paid for new cushion covers. That's fine so I asked for cost on new covers and the girls couldn't even set that up and told me I have to wait on a supervisor call and I am still waiting on that!!!! You think even a little sympathy would of been nice or advise on how to get the smell away.
I will never buy from them again.There is no integrity and the furniture is made from something with formaldehyde as I am allergic and now have a expensive cheaply made sofa in my garage and a company who took 2k from my family in the purchase and who could not care to even give a compassionate I'm sorry.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "I have been lied to ripped off and threatened by Capital One Auto Finance then my Car got wrecked. This is AFTER I gave them $33,000.00!! I purchased..."
- "My wife and son purchased a groupon for me last Christmas for a 25 minute drive in a Lamborghini with Mile High Drives. I e-mailed the company in April..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."