Living Spaces Sofa Review from Phoenix, Arizona

52 of 265 Living Spaces reviews

If you care about a healthy chemical free home this is not the place to buy a sofa and their customer service on the phone is rubbish.I will start off by saying the staff in store was wonderful and we looooved the style and color of the sofa.

We were so excited to get it in and loved it in the room. The next part is where is gets bad. The sofa started to offgass and this to an extent is very normal but that said never had I purchased furniture that smells this bad. Within hours my eyes were swollen and puffy and throat hurt.

The whole house with windows open and fans on still smelled. With a new baby in our house I wanted the fumes gone and then I noticed the cushion covers unzipped and came off. In attempt to try to wash away some of the chemical smell we put on hand wash. No tags and no paperwork said not to hand wash and it had a zipper for removal.

Such a mistake as the hand wash cycle caused it to fray on the seams. Bad quality fabric. I called and told their customer service the problems and all they could say is it is not covered by warrenty because I washed it ('Mind you I have no paperwork from them on what their warrenty covers and what not to do). Yeah I know I got it's not under their warrenty, but I am looking for help or a solution but this company is just looking to say No and remind me they won't cover it.

No sympathy or compassion for my baby's or my health. Countinuing to remind me and telling me they won't even take it back for the restock fee even if I paid for new cushion covers. That's fine so I asked for cost on new covers and the girls couldn't even set that up and told me I have to wait on a supervisor call and I am still waiting on that!!!! You think even a little sympathy would of been nice or advise on how to get the smell away.

I will never buy from them again.There is no integrity and the furniture is made from something with formaldehyde as I am allergic and now have a expensive cheaply made sofa in my garage and a company who took 2k from my family in the purchase and who could not care to even give a compassionate I'm sorry.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
52 of 265 Living Spaces reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.