Verified Reviewer

I made a purchase in the store of Living Spaces on May 15, 2021 in Pflugerville, TX. I was given the false impression that I was purchasing something other than what I had actually purchased via deceptive advertising (signage) on the items and by the sales-woman, when I verified directly with her about what I was purchasing.

When the items were delivered on May 18, 2021, I discovered that they were not what I was told I was purchasing. I called Living Spaces Customer Service that day to make a return of the items. They did not call back by the end of the day.

I called my credit card company to ask what I should do and I was advised to open a dispute, which I did. Meanwhile, I kept trying to work it out with Living Spaces directly.

I called Customer Service at Living Spaces again on May 19 and still did not receive a return call. I called again with no response on May 20. On May 21, I was told that they have up to 7 days to call me back (the return policy is WITHIN 7 days). I then got through to a manager on that date.

The manager at Living Spaces, on May 21, just 3 days after receiving the items, told me that she would NOT discuss a return with me until I called back with a transaction number from my credit card company, proving that I had CLOSED my dispute. I called my credit card company and was advised by the agent NOT to close the dispute, that they would work it out with the merchant, because closing the dispute means that theres nothing I can do if the merchant does not honor the return. I waited and waited. After awhile, my credit card company closed my dispute in favor of Living Spaces, sending me documents to show that I had signed for the merchandise and the return policy is within 7 days of receiving the items, stating that I had not tried to return the items within the 7 days.

Obviously, I had attempted to arrange a return with Living Spaces within their 7-day policy, but they BLOCKED it and stopped me from being able to make that return.

This dispute has been reopened and closed over and over again, with the credit card company giving me the same reason from the response of Living Spaces, that I had not tried to make a return within 7 days.

I have called and spoken with a Living Spaces Customer Service agent, who gave me the dates that Living Spaces has ON RECORD for my calls in my attempts to try to arrange a return.May 18, May 19, May 20, and May 21.

Living Spaces effectively BLOCKED me from making the return within the 7-day period and are stating that I never tried to return the items. Im stuck with furniture I dont wantsince May 18 and its now August 6.

User's recommendation: Do not shop at Living Spaces. There are multiple reviews very similar to mine. Check out the Better Business Bureau website. It's bad.

Living Spaces Cons: Customer service when the mistake was the stores, Lies and excuses.

Location: Pflugerville, TX 78660