540 views
Verified Reviewer

1.1

Im writing this review to let future customers what to expect from Living Spaces if you have an out of warranty repair. First of all I purchased this 3 set recliner set back in early 2018, and everything was fine.

One day my puppy got into the house and chewed off a side of the sofa around May 2018, so I called the warranty service which made a report, but advised me that the damage was out of warranty and their was nothing they could do. So I asked them what to do and all I received was a run around from the actual store and warranty department.

Later in November 2018, the other recliner has a short of some sort and blew out the power unit and nearly caused a fire, so I called in to the warranty department and complained about what had happened and they tried telling me that it would take like 2 weeks for a service, and I asked to speak to a supervisor and insisted that it was urgent and that it needed to be fixed. They complied and sent a technician within a day or two. When the technician showed up he fixed the issue with the power shortage and I continued to make him aware of the damage my dog had caused.

He took pictures and made a report I believe to the same claim which I had already filed. Basically i was told they would give me a number to a third party out of warranty provider to try an get the ripped sofa fixed.

All I got from the third party providers was a run around again from them saying that Living Spaces was supposed to sell me a piece of fabric in order to be fixed. I contacted the store several times and received no help, and went to the store in person where they also told me that the out of warranty provider was supposed to get the fabric, so I spent plenty of time trying to get someone to help to repair the sofa and it never happened. One out of warranty provider was trying to charge 600$ when the sofa was only worth 695$.

I was pretty upset about the whole situation and just let it go and time passed, until friends and family continued to encourage me to find someone else to repair it because it made the house look ugly.

I finally found a person on craigslist in February 2020 who came and picked up the sofa, had it for a month and a half, and finally brought it back repaired!!. It cost me 400$ which he gave me no receipt since he was not a licensed person, but I did not cared about that, I just wanted my sofa fixed.

Then I contacted the warranty company in April 2020 to let them know that the sofa had been repaired, but they once again gave me the cold shoulder because the person I used was not licensed and it would not be a valid repair, I provided them with the pictures of the repair since you have to turn them in order to update the repair, and it is still not updated.

I am taking my time to express my awful experience I received from the store, the warranty, and the out of warranty providers on the repair of this accident caused by my puppy when he was only 3-4 months old.

I don't think I will ever purchase anything from Living Spaces ever again due to this issue, the bad service, and the almost 2 years it took for me to get a repair. I did not lie about the rip when it initially happened thinking they would help me, but that was not the case.

Im writing this review because I could not find a way on their website to write an honest review and I want someone to read it from Living Spaces, because any major chain can sell you a set of sofas with warranty, but that doesn't guarantee that they will help you resolve an issue like the one I encountered, I've included pictures in this review in order for people to see.

User's recommendation: Make sure to be well informed before making a purchase on warranty, because they say it covers some things but not others, and that they will not help you if it out of warranty repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Living Spaces Cons: Not the type of customer service such a big company should have.

Comments