2.5
Style and Design

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING HERE!I guess you get what you pay for though I think paying $3K for a sectional means that it should be a decent sofa.

In the past I have bought through Room & Board but bought my first sofa with Living Spaces because they had seemed to step up their game in the last couple of years. To my dismay, the sofa was two weeks later than the latest date but I rolled with it. Then after a month the spring/frame creak so loud, even if you adjust on the sofa. We thought maybe it would adjust.

After calling them and having the sofa less than a year a total of 8 months I am told I need to pay $99 to have them even look at it. That is after having to follow-up, not receiving phone calls when they said they would return my call etc. Then I am told on top of it that if they need to take it away to fix it I have to pay $99 for the transportation fee. As I explained to the customer service rep, I totally understand paying the fee if the sofa is over a year old but I paid a decent amount of money for a sofa that was late and I was already forgiving of that.

So I would think the $99 fee could be waived. I was told that this is the policy that the CEO has set in place...good to see they empower such wonderful customer service. I don't post often on Yelp and other pages but I myself work in retail and in marketing and would never allow our guest services to do this as I know that a bad experience with a good customer goes a lot further than a great experience. Now when people ask where I got my sofa I will say where but now end it with but don't ever buy from them as they won't stand behind their product and run a racket to continue to get money from you.

Sad it ended this way.Had no choice to pay obviously, so smart way to make money off your customer, but in the end lose a customer for long term.

Review about: Living Spaces Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Look of the sofa.

I didn't like: How they treat products that are defective.

Had an Experience with Living Spaces?

Comments