2.1
Style and Design

They sold us on a 5-year carefree warranty. It covered stains, tears accidents etc.

Within 6 months, our recliner sofa’s cushions started to come loose. I called Living Spaces to start a claim. They were going to email me a link to upload photos of the issue. The email never came. I called again after being away and I was told that I needed to put in a different claim because the furniture was under a year old. OK. By then, the cushions had gotten worse.

The cushions had come up and items were getting lost in the sofa.

I uploaded my photos and after a few weeks, they sent a technician out who deemed my sofa beyond repair.

He cited the items lost inside as proof of negligence on our part. The claim was denied.

I challenged their findings and was told they’d contact the manufacturer and get back to me within 48 hours.

Now, 5 days later, I’ve heard nothing so I call again and am transferred to 5 different people. Finally, a manager puts me on hold for 20 minutes only to tell me that it’s still being denied; no money back, no rebates, no store credits and they won’t even pick up the defective sofa.

In my opinion, Living Spaces took advantage of me and my family.

After arguing with the manager, she said she’d pro-rate the warranty fee and refund the remaining percentage back to my card.

I’m not impressed and will never shop at Living Spaces again and will make sure to tell others in the market for furniture to avoid them no matter how good a deal sounds.

Product or Service Mentioned: Living Spaces Sofa.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 14.

Comments